Forum Discussion

ankush8064
Occasional Contributor
10 years ago

LoadUI Average Response Time discrepancy

Hi,

I am using LoadUI 2.1.1 version (had issues running the latest version so stuck in old one for now).

I am trying to test a REST service hosted in Azure. For that, I have created a Virtual User Scenario with 2 Soap UI runners attached to Ramp sequence generators.
The test is run for 2 hrs with ramp duration of 15 min and peak duration of 1 hrs 30 min. Load at peak duration is 100 requests/sec.

The average timing I am getting for the API's is ~ 1500 ms in the LoadUI report. However, when I checked the IIS server logs, the "time-taken" field shows a much lesser value for most of the requests (usually around 300-400 ms).

Can you please let me know the reason for this discrepancy? Is there some additional delay captured in LoadUI which is not captured in server logs.

Also, I would like to understand whether the amount of time the request is queued in LoadUI is added to the response time.

Please let me know in case of any clarifications.

Thanks And Regards,
Ankush

1 Reply

ankush8064
    Occasional Contributor
    Hi,

I would really appreciate if somebody can give their inputs regarding this issue as it is giving me sleepless nights .

Thanks And Regards,
    Ankush