Forum Discussion

EMC_Support
Contributor
11 years ago

LoadTest runner runs out of 8 GB memory immediately

loadtestRunner runs out of memory immediately while running test from cmdline. The same test when run from SoapUIPro UI consumes about 1.5 GB at the most but when run from load test runner consumes 8 GB of allocated memory withing couple of minutes and then crash with outofMemory error. I have set up the loadtest based on your tutorial section as well. I tired running from command line both on 4.6.4 and 5.0 with the same result. I am attaching the loadtestRunner.bat file that I modified to give it 8 GB of RAM. Attaching the cmd line that I used

call "C:\Program Files\SmartBear\SoapUI-Pro-5.0.0\bin"\loadtestrunner.bat -e${#Project#BASE_URL} -hitops-qa-153:8080 -s"PerPage" -c"PerPage" -l "PerPage Loadtest 25 User 25 per Sec" -r -FPDF -R"LoadTest Report" -fC:\tmp\LoadUI\PerPage_25_25_250 -Dsoapui.properties=C:\work\UIAlerts\LoadTest\soapui_perpage_250.properties Z:\svn\UIAlerts\main\alerts\alerts-it\src\test\resources\Alerts-edaa-PerPage-soapui-project.xml >> C:\tmp\LoadUI\1.out 2>> C:\tmp\LoadUI\2.out

5 Replies

SmartBear_Suppo
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hi,

You can see the memory tips and tricks,
    http://www.soapui.org/Working-with-soap ... usage.html

In the loadtestrunner bat file, you increase the Xmx value from 1024 to a bigger value if you are using 64-Bit SoapUI Pro.
    set JAVA_OPTS=-Xms128m -Xmx1024m -Dsoapui.properties=soapui.properties "-Dsoapui.home=%SOAPUI_HOME%\"

You can also edit the vmoption file in folder in C:\Program Files\SmartBear\SoapUI-Pro-5.0.0\bin. \

Thanks,
    Jeshtha
  • The issue is that loadtestRunner is running out of memory, while running the same load test from the SoapUI UI, does not. I am not sure why I should use loadUI when it works fine with the soapUI frontend. Seems like the issue seems to be in loadtest Runner. We are using loadtest runner so that we can run the tests from commandline.
    SmartBear_Suppo
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hello,

If your load test runs successfully using SoapUI Pro GUI it should run successfully using loadtestrunner.bat. Do you generate a PDF report when you run in the SoapUI Pro GUI with the loadtest? Try adding your settings file to the command with the -t option. Example -t C:\Users\<user name>\soapui-settings.xml

Regards,
    Marcus
    SmartBear Support