Forum Discussion

10 years ago

Licensing Issue

Good morning,

I have installed SoapUI Pro under my administrator account and the software was activated by a .key license file. The customer who requested the software then logged into their account and was advised that the software was not activated, and could not be activated because the license file was already in use.

I logged back into my admin account and uninstalled the application, then went back to the users account and tried to activate. I then get a pop-up box advising "In order to renew your license you need to have a valid SoapUI Pro license."

I have been in an email conversation with Daniel Winter on the support desk who has advised to use this forum and contact you directly. At this point, I am unable to deactivate the license under my profile as the software is already installed and the app is not recognising the .lic file. I have also tried uninstalling and installing directly using the user's own profile with temporary admin rights and still receive the same error advising to renew the license.

As such, we have a license file which we cannot use and a user who is anxious to have this resolved ASAP. Can you please advise what steps we can take to fix the license issue from this side. If this cannot be fixed over here, can the existing license be cancelled on your side and a new license file provided?

Many thanks