Forum Discussion

blade
Occasional Contributor
10 years ago

Large REST API Response 10.0 MB+ taking a long time to load in SOAP UI NG Pro

Hi,

I have a API that returns a large amount of data, 10MB+. This is having a significant effect on SoapUI performance. Is this due to the response been put into the 'Overview' and 'Outline' tabs? Is there a way this lag of performance can be looked at. If I call the API in a web browser it will take approx 1.4 Mins to return a response, in soap ui this can take approx 5 mins for soap ui to become responsive.

Thanks.

blade
    10 years ago

I have contacted support and they have replied to me. They have advised me that development are currently working on performance enhancements. They have also directed me to the latest maintenance build of Ready API 1.4.0 and to change options in 'vmoptions' located in bin folder in the installation directory.

Thanks.

blade
      Occasional Contributor

This seems to be a general response anytime there is performance issues with the application. I have seen it before. This is what I have currently set: set JAVA_OPTS=-Xms1024m -Xmx4096m -XX:MaxPermSize=1024m

This has made no improvement on app performance. Also, with the expansion of the menus for assertions, to access other test cases and projects this has slowed down the app significantly.

There is not one day where I do not encounter a crash and this is particularly annoying when I go to save work and it does not save and the app crashes and have to start my work again.

Is there anything else that can be done to improve performance?