Forum Discussion

RMS
Occasional Contributor
15 years ago

JAVA_HOME error when trying to execute command line loadtestrunner in 3.0.1

Hi,

I just upgraded the soap ui from previous version (2.5.1) to 3.0.1 and when I try to run the loadtestrunner from command line I receive the JAVA_HOME error message.

I have a 32 bit OS (Windows XP) and installed the Soap UI by downloading it from your website.

Can you please let me know how to fix this issue?

Thanks,

--ag

6 Replies

SmartBear_Suppo
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hi,

I assume you probably downloaded binary distribution of SoapUI which has no bundled jre and you have no JAVA_HOME set? Then error you are getting is expected. Although it's not clear to me from your post did you succeed to start soapUI 3.0.1 at all, and how did 2.5.1 work with no java?  Was 2.5.1 version perhaps also binary standalone distribution?
    If this is the case please try downloading installer option or standalone binary option which has jre bundled.(Unfortunately we switched links by mistake, so link that says jre bundled actually has no jre bundled and vice versa . The link you should try is actually the one that says "soapUI Pro 3.0.1 Binary zip for Windows (No JRE)", sorry for the inconvenience).
    Please let us know how did it go.

Regards,

/Dragica
    eviware.com
    RMS
    Occasional Contributor
    Hi,

I used the soapUI Pro 3.0.1 Installer for 32-bit Windows to install the 3.0.1. I was able to launch the Soap UI without any issue it's just that I could not fire up any load test using the command line due to JAVA_HOME error.

The 2.5.1 version was alos installed using the installer and had no issues at all.

I am not sure how to install soap UI using Binary Zip files.

Thanks,

--ag
    SmartBear_Suppo
    Hello,

Can you tell me what exact error message is and can you post or attach bat ( testrunner.bat ) you are invoking.
    To "install" binary zip distribution just unpack it somewhere. To "uninstall" it you just delete it.

Does it helps,

robert
    RMS
    Occasional Contributor
    Hi,

Below is the exact error message I am receiving

JAVA_HOME is not set, unexpected results may occur.
    Set JAVA_HOME to the directory of your local JDK to avoid this message.
    "java" is not recognized as an internal or external command,
    operable program or batch file.

Here is the bat file,

@echo off

set SOAPUI_HOME=%~dp0

set JAVA=%JAVA_HOME%\bin\java

if not "%JAVA_HOME%" == "" goto SET_CLASSPATH

set JAVA=java

echo JAVA_HOME is not set, unexpected results may occur.
    echo Set JAVA_HOME to the directory of your local JDK to avoid this message.

:SET_CLASSPATH

rem init classpath

set CLASSPATH=%SOAPUI_HOME%soapui-pro-3.0.1.jar;%SOAPUI_HOME%..\lib\*;

rem JVM parameters, modify as appropriate
    set JAVA_OPTS=-Xms1024m -Xmx1024m -Dsoapui.properties=soapui.properties -Dgroovy.source.encoding=iso-8859-1 "-Dsoapui.home=%SOAPUI_HOME%\"

if "%SOAPUI_HOME%\" == "" goto START
        set JAVA_OPTS=%JAVA_OPTS% -Dsoapui.ext.libraries="%SOAPUI_HOME%ext"
        set JAVA_OPTS=%JAVA_OPTS% -Dsoapui.ext.listeners="%SOAPUI_HOME%listeners"
        set JAVA_OPTS=%JAVA_OPTS% -Dsoapui.ext.actions="%SOAPUI_HOME%actions"

:START

rem ********* run soapui loadtest runner ***********

"%JAVA%" %JAVA_OPTS% com.eviware.soapui.SoapUIProLoadTestRunner %*

As I said earlier I was able to run the command line loadtestrunner without any issue in 2.5.1 but when I installed the newer 3.0.1 version I started receiving this error. I am not good with Java so not sure how to fix this.

Thanks for your help,

--ag
    SmartBear_Suppo
    Hi again,

this turns out to be an error in the installer, I hope to have a fixed version after the weekend, I'll let you know!

regards,

/ole
    eviware.com
    RMS
    Occasional Contributor
    Thank you for the prompt reply. I was able to use the 3.0. 1 by installing it using the binaries

Thanks again,

--ag