Forum Discussion

wmccoy
New Contributor
10 years ago
Solved

Issue importing REST TestSuites from SoapUI Pro to SoapUI NG

I have 3 different composite projects, all REST, that are having issues importing correctly into SoapUI NG.  The Resources load, but not the TestSuites with the test cases (though the project does count them).

I have tried to re-install and this doesn't seem to fix the issue.  I also can open SoupUI Pro 5.1.2 and it still continues to work fine, so I believe the files were not corrupted.

Also worth noting that I'm on a Mac.

Here is the error message, hope someone has a idea on this issue:

• Mon Dec 08 17:54:22 GMT 2014:ERROR:com.eviware.soapui.impl.support.definition.support.InvalidDefinitionException

• com.eviware.soapui.impl.support.definition.support.InvalidDefinitionException

• at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.support.wsdl.WsdlLoader.makeInvalidDefinitionException(WsdlLoader.java:119)

• at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.support.wsdl.WsdlLoader.loadXmlObject(WsdlLoader.java:112)

• at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.support.xsd.SchemaUtils.getDefinitionParts(SchemaUtils.java:486)

• at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.support.xsd.SchemaUtils.getDefinitionParts(SchemaUtils.java:475)

• at com.eviware.soapui.impl.support.definition.support.AbstractDefinitionCache.update(AbstractDefinitionCache.java:94)

• at com.eviware.soapui.impl.support.definition.support.AbstractDefinitionContext$Loader.construct(AbstractDefinitionContext.java:209)

• at com.eviware.soapui.support.swing.SwingWorkerDelegator.construct(SwingWorkerDelegator.java:46)

• at com.eviware.soapui.support.swing.SwingWorker$2.run(SwingWorker.java:131)

• at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

• Mon Dec 08 17:54:22 GMT 2014:ERROR:com.eviware.soapui.impl.support.definition.support.InvalidDefinitionException

• com.eviware.soapui.impl.support.definition.support.InvalidDefinitionException

• at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.support.wsdl.WsdlLoader.makeInvalidDefinitionException(WsdlLoader.java:119)

• at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.support.wsdl.WsdlLoader.loadXmlObject(WsdlLoader.java:112)

• at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.support.xsd.SchemaUtils.getDefinitionParts(SchemaUtils.java:486)

• at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.support.xsd.SchemaUtils.getDefinitionParts(SchemaUtils.java:475)

• at com.eviware.soapui.impl.support.definition.support.AbstractDefinitionCache.update(AbstractDefinitionCache.java:94)

• at com.eviware.soapui.impl.support.definition.support.AbstractDefinitionContext$Loader.construct(AbstractDefinitionContext.java:209)

• at com.eviware.soapui.support.swing.SwingWorkerDelegator.construct(SwingWorkerDelegator.java:46)

• at com.eviware.soapui.support.swing.SwingWorker$2.run(SwingWorker.java:131)

• at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745) 

• Hi,

In Ready API, make sure to click on "SoapUI NG Pro" tab at the top of the screen, to show your TestSuites. The "Projects" tab at the top-left allows you to see your interfaces. Please check that you have clicked on the "SoapUI NG Pro" tab. The error appears related to something else. But if you are still having issues, please open a support case here: http://support.smartbear.com/message/?prod=ReadyAPI  so we can try to reproduce it and investigate further.

Thanks,

Giscard

SmartBear Support

4 Replies

GiscardN
    Frequent Contributor
    Hi,

In Ready API, make sure to click on "SoapUI NG Pro" tab at the top of the screen, to show your TestSuites. The "Projects" tab at the top-left allows you to see your interfaces. Please check that you have clicked on the "SoapUI NG Pro" tab. The error appears related to something else. But if you are still having issues, please open a support case here: http://support.smartbear.com/message/?prod=ReadyAPI  so we can try to reproduce it and investigate further.

Thanks,

Giscard

SmartBear Support
    wmccoy
    New Contributor
    Coming from SoapUI Pro, this was a bit confusing since I don't use the other tools (yet).  Maybe add a label that it's just the resources for all other tabs?  I was just very use to seeing them together as a pair.