Forum Discussion

zwcmic
New Contributor
7 months ago
Solved

Is there a way to change settings to all test cases?

Hi, we have 300+ cases, is there a way to change a setting for them all in one go?

I'm aware that there is a global preference, but they only apply to newly created cases.

• You can accomplish this, as I said, with a groovy script. It's very powerful, but prone to error, so you have to be careful. There's two options here, "failOnError" which is failing as soon as there's a failure with any given step, and "failTestCaseOnError" which marks a test case failed for any given error. I think you want "failOnError" here. That said, here's some code that might help.

// assuming you have multiple projects that you want to adjust.
    def workspace = context.testCase.testSuite.project.workspace;

for (p in workspace.getProjectList())
    {
         for (s in p.testSuiteList)
         {
              for (c in s.testCaseList)
              {
                   c.getSettings().setBoolean("failOnError", true)
              }
         }
    }

3 Replies

groovyguy
    Champion Level 1

The only way I know of to do this somewhat easily is to write a custom groovy script and have it process all of the 300+ test cases, changing the settings for each one that you want to adjust. What settings are you looking to change??

zwcmic
      New Contributor

uncheck the "abort on error" option because we now have steps at the end to record the results

groovyguy
        Champion Level 1

You can accomplish this, as I said, with a groovy script. It's very powerful, but prone to error, so you have to be careful. There's two options here, "failOnError" which is failing as soon as there's a failure with any given step, and "failTestCaseOnError" which marks a test case failed for any given error. I think you want "failOnError" here. That said, here's some code that might help.

// assuming you have multiple projects that you want to adjust.
        def workspace = context.testCase.testSuite.project.workspace;

for (p in workspace.getProjectList())
        {
             for (s in p.testSuiteList)
             {
                  for (c in s.testCaseList)
                  {
                       c.getSettings().setBoolean("failOnError", true)
                  }
             }
        }