Forum Discussion

jestrella
New Contributor
7 years ago
Solved

http requests not properly handling global properties

I am having an issue with one of my projects consisting solely of HTTP requests. I have a large set of global properties that are used across all my projects, so when I need to change something all of my projects are updated accordingly. The issue I am having with the HTTP requests is that not all the properties are converted to the corresponding value when executing it.

I have not found a reference in the documentation stating there might be a limit on the number of properties that can be used in HTTP requests. For instance, I am able to use several properties in the same SOAP request. So not quite sure what is happening here. See the attached images so you can better understand what I'm trying to explain.

• Hi Jon,

Thank you for your post!

Note that in the screenshot parameters with the same names as global properties are not overridden. Do you have the "Enable override" option checked for Global Properties? If it is selected the property expansion works fine for me in all cases. If it isn't selected, properties are not overridden if I use this template: ${Global Property}.

You can declare global properties as:

${#Global#Global Property}

or

${Global Property}

Please refer to the Property Expansion article.

So, you need to use the first template or select the "Enable override" option.

2 Replies

Nastya_Khovrina
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi Jon,

Thank you for your post!

Note that in the screenshot parameters with the same names as global properties are not overridden. Do you have the "Enable override" option checked for Global Properties? If it is selected the property expansion works fine for me in all cases. If it isn't selected, properties are not overridden if I use this template: ${Global Property}.

You can declare global properties as:

${#Global#Global Property}

or

${Global Property}

Please refer to the Property Expansion article.

So, you need to use the first template or select the "Enable override" option.

jestrella
      New Contributor

Thank you very much, that made the trick!