Forum Discussion

dratliff
Occasional Contributor
3 years ago
Solved

HTTP Request for PeopleSoft

Hello Everyone,   I am trying to create a test using ReadyAPI 2.8.0 to send a HTTP Request to a HttpListeningConnector in Peoplesoft.  I have tried to follow what was provided by PeopleSoft and als...
    dratliff
    3 years ago

Hello Rich,

What a wild ride.  I figured it out, still more work to do, but the initial test has been successful.

There are 2 portions of it.  In soap UI, the request can be formulated externally in some type of editor and then cut-n-pasted into the pane below the parameters.  Sometimes that pane has to be expanded.  That allowed for the message tests I had to be placed inside.  After talking with our developers for the PeopleSoft implementation, I realized the destination node was wrong.  I changed that, added an XML payload in the data section and was able to get a success.  

Payload Data

The trick with the payload was to use the XML but it had to have the field definitions preceding the actual data payload.  Once I started working with it, it become much easier.  

I also wrote some C# code to also test this.  I still have a small component to finish but the initial testing works as expected.

Thank you for you help and I hope I wrote enough here to help someone else that might be struggling with this problem.  

Key takeaways:  Check syntax of To:/From: and provide field definitions before the field data.

Cheers!

Dave