Forum Discussion

nrajeshkumar
Occasional Contributor
14 years ago

How to parameterize data in the post body

I'm sending a post with body as below. I'm trying to parameterize the userName and password so that I can have that information passed through csv file. I'm not sure how to parameterize this. Kindly share your ideas how to accomplish this.

<login userName='admin' password='password123' rememberLogin='no' instance='' prdName='Prd1' assetName='main' />

1 Reply

nrajeshkumar
    Occasional Contributor
    To achieve this you first need to have Data source step create before this step and you have to specify the data source here. In my case I specified the excel as my data source. In the actual step you need to select the value you need to parameterize and right click and select the get Data option and you should be able to find the data source you create before and all you need to do is select the right data source from there. Objective of me doing this is, I could able to easily transform this functional script in to load test.

nrajeshkumar wrote:
    I'm sending a post with body as below. I'm trying to parameterize the userName and password so that I can have that information passed through csv file. I'm not sure how to parameterize this. Kindly share your ideas how to accomplish this.

<login userName='admin' password='password123' rememberLogin='no' instance='' prdName='Prd1' assetName='main' />