Forum Discussion

Meng_lim
New Contributor
15 years ago

How to expose a service via JMS

Hi,
I'm attempting to expose a service via both JMS and HTTP simultanesously.

Some possible options I have considered:
1) Soapui allows for CXF integration.
I believe CXF does allow for JMS as transport.
I can generate stub classes from my WSDL using CXF.  However, I'm unsure how to proceed - how do I use these classes - and build on them - from within soapui...?

2) Write a groovy script that listens on a queue and processes the message.  Have this script executed on startup of a soapui mockservice.  This is rather crude and I would like to avoid this if possible.

3) Any other suggestions...?

Cheers,
Marty

Telstra

6 Replies

SmartBear_Suppo
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hello,

There will be jms in next version. If I understand correctly you need jms mock..atm you'll have to use second option..

robert
    Meng_lim
    New Contributor
    Hi Robert,
    can you clarify which version this will arrive in?  I've noticed that 3.0.1 is available - does it have support for a JMS MockService?  If not, which version will it arrive in?

Cheers,
    Marty
    SmartBear_Suppo
    Hi Marty,

Sending requests over JMS will be supported in 3.5, mocking of JMS is not planned for this version as it would require us to create our own JMS provider and related infrastructure, which wont fit in the current time-schedule.. maybe the version after that!?

regards!

/Ole
    eviware.com
    Meng_lim
    New Contributor
    Hi Ole, any chance you can allow us to plug-in some existing JMS Providers like apache ActiveMQ?
    The sooner you can provide some way of allowing me to mock a JMS service the better.

One thing that might help..
    I have written a script in Groovy that will read from a queue, process the message and write back to the queue.  I have a requirement that the script keep listening for new messages, so it has to stay 'alive'. 
    The only problem is invoking the script.

I tried invoking this script in the start script of a mock service, but the entire soapui window hangs. 
    I'm assuming this is because the script doesn't exit.

Is there some other way I can invoke the script?  Or is there a fix you can provide to prevent the rest of the window hanging whilst the start script is still running?

Cheers,
    Marty
    SmartBear_Suppo
    Hi Marty,

regrding JMS providers, you can use any you want , and you dont need soapui plug in for it. Just start your activeMQ provider on your system.

Regarding mocking , as I understand your use case, you can use your groovy script in standalone groovy console so it will not stop entire soapui while running.

Hope this helps,
    Regards Nebojsa