Forum Discussion

gmiddleton
Occasional Contributor
13 years ago

how to change SOAP version when updating binding?

I have a WSDL file with a SOAP12 binding, but due to problems in our web services platform we need to use SOAP11 instead. These same problems prevent me from defining two bindings in the same WSDL, so I need to reuse the old name for the SOAP11 binding.

We have soapUI tests (using soapUI Pro 3.6.1) using this WSDL. I tried both "Update Definition" and "Refactor Definition", but either way soapUI still thinks the binding is SOAP12. Is there some way to avoid rebuilding all my tests manually?

Thanks.

6 Replies

gmiddleton
    Occasional Contributor
    This is becoming urgent, we have 100s of test cases, and our conversion date will soon be here... Help!?
    SmartBear_Suppo
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hi!

hm... what if you change the SOAP version of the interface in soapUI to SOAP 1.1 (bottom left table of properties for the Interface node), is that sufficient for your needs?

regards!

/Ole
    eviware.com
    gmiddleton
    Occasional Contributor
    I tried that, and by itself it didn't work -- we still send the request using the SOAP12 envelope.

But, I played around some more and found a solution.

If I do this, it works:
    1. update schema definition from new WSDL
    2. change SOAP version in lower left table as suggested
    3. click the "recreate a default request from the schema" button for each SOAP request

Could this be added to the docs somewhere?

Thanks...
    gmiddleton
    Occasional Contributor
    Ok, still some problems: when we do "recreate a default request from the schema", we need to keep the existing values so that our tests are still correct, so I answer yes to the "Keep existing values?" question.

But, it drops some values. We have one element which is an optional list (minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="unbounded"). When recreating the request, it keeps only the first element in the list.

SO, we are almost there, but not quite.
    gmiddleton
    Occasional Contributor
    gmiddleton wrote:
    But, it drops some values. We have one element which is an optional list (minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="unbounded"). When recreating the request, it keeps only the first element in the list.

This happens independently of the change in SOAP version. And I checked on soapUI Pro 4.0.0, same behaviour. Would fixing this be easy? I think it would solve our problem.