Forum Discussion

hek8981
Occasional Contributor
11 years ago

Graph Line Style Removed?

I've been away from loadUI for a while (haven't really used it since just before the big 2.5 release when raw export got paywalled) and just now have come back. Did the ability to stylize the lines in the graphs on the Statistics Workbench get removed, or paywalled, or something? It was really helpful to be able to change the style and color and made the graphs a lot more readable. The apparent first-come-first-serve behavior it has now means you can't make logical correlations between graph lines and metrics (ex Total failures in blue, failures/sec in light blue). Not to mention all the lines looking exactly the same (vs being able to make some dashed or thicker so they were easily recognizable). This feature was explicitly called out back in the 1.5 release ("Highly interactive charts" so to remove it seems strange.

In fact, the whole Statistics Workbench seems a lot less usable and intuitive now compared to before (or maybe my memory is bad. I'll have to drag out my old laptop that still has pre-FX2 on it and see...) Dragging a whole component just to add another stat for that component? Why not just have something on that component graph window (that already exists)? Grabbing and dragging the whole component over again implies there will be copies of that component's window.
  • Hello sir,

First of all, welcome back to LoadUI!

And yes, you are correct in that the feature to style your graph-lines has been removed, it was removed in 2.5.0 and hasn't been on the roadmap since. Initially this was a prioritization-issue, more severe things had to be fixed before improving on the customizability of the charts.

Right now i dont think there are any current plans on bringing it back since there hasn't been that many complaints about it here on the forums. But i'm sure that if it gains enough attention here on the forums then it'll get reprioritized and ultimately included in a future release.

So i'm going to leave it up to the community.
    Are there more people out there who sees it as a compelling feature to be able to style their charts?

Best regards,
    Mikael
    LoadUI Developer