Forum Discussion

Sean_Cohan
Occasional Contributor
14 years ago

Form View Locks test step editor if have complex WSDL choice

I've been seeing this bug with SoapUI forms view since 3.5. I've reproduced it in 3.5.1 and 3.6 beta2. I'm on the nightly build for 8/11/2010. I think it is related to another post of form issues, but the java errors are different, so I wanted to separate this out. We get an AWT error with complex XML element choices. Here is what I mean.

The request from the WSDL is this:
<!--1 or more repetitions:-->
<SelectionCriteria>
<!--Optional:-->
<Or>true</Or>
<SelectionFilter>
<!--You have a CHOICE of the next 85 items at this level-->
</SelectionFilter>
</SelectionCriteria>

Each SelectionFilter has its own xml set up depending on what you are looking for. Here is xml I know works,

<SelectionCriteria>
<Or>true</Or>
<SelectionFilter>
<CodeFilter>
<Operator>LessThan</Operator>
<Values>
<String>R0000</String>
</Values>
</CodeFilter>
<Weight>
<Operator>Equals</Operator>
<Values>
<String>100.00</String>
</Values>
</Weight>
</SelectionFilter>
</SelectionCriteria>

I know it works because I manually enter it and get successful results. But, when I enter the value in the form, the test step editor hangs. Not all of SoapUI, but just the form. It won't respond or refresh. I can close it, but the changes I made to the value don't get recorded. In fact, none of the added filters work unless I add them manually in xml view.

In the error log I get multiple exceptions in AWT. There are multiple Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.NullPointerException, those at different locations. I've attached the error.log.

I'm able to work around it, but I just wanted to log the bug if it helps fix the form view.