13 years ago

Fixed Load Agent Issue

I have converted the following soapUI LoadTest to a loadUI TestCase:

Strategy: Simple
Threads: 20
Test Delay: 1000ms
Random: 0.5
Limit: 600secs

Once converted i have the following components in the Distributed workspace of loadUI:

Delay (Delay = 1000ms and Random = 0.5% and Distribution = Uniform) (arrow in attachment indicating value i am talking about)
Fixed Load (Load Wheel = 20 and Min. Delay = 0 and Load = 1) (arrow in attachment indicating value i am talking about)
Statistics
soapUI Runner

I ad the Limit of 10 minutes.

While running the test, the Running value within the Runner component never exceeds 1 (fluctuates between 1 and 0) even though the Load Wheel value is set to 20 within the Fixed Load component.
Why can i not see the Load value go to 20 either in the Fixed Load or soapUI runner components?

8 Replies

AndyHughes
    Regular Contributor
    Well I'm no expert but I would expect that it's down to your delay component. Effectively you delay the release of a request for a full second and hence never give the system the opportunity to build up the load anything over 1 because by the time you release another request, the 1st one has finished and so on and so on.
    AndyHughes
    Regular Contributor
    Another point that maybe someone could clarify..... as I understand it the way that fixed load works is that it will attempt to maintain the load at the set value within the confines of the min delay wheel on the fixed load component. So basically in order to ensure your load is reached you would set the min delay to zero, to immediately 'top up' your load as soon as it drops below your desired value. So this is what you have set up, apart from the fact that you also have another delay component destroying what you rightly set up in the fixed load component by introducing a full 1 sec delay to every request! I think that's what's happening.
    !
    SmartBear_Suppo
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    AndyHughes wrote:
    Another point that maybe someone could clarify..... as I understand it the way that fixed load works is that it will attempt to maintain the load at the set value within the confines of the min delay wheel on the fixed load component. So basically in order to ensure your load is reached you would set the min delay to zero, to immediately 'top up' your load as soon as it drops below your desired value. So this is what you have set up, apart from the fact that you also have another delay component destroying what you rightly set up in the fixed load component by introducing a full 1 sec delay to every request! I think that's what's happening.
    !

You are completely right. Also, the feedback to the Fixed Load Generator should go from the Running Requests output terminal of the soapUI Runner, as documented here.
    5a1eek
    Occasional Contributor
    Thanks for that, however these components weren't created by me they were automatically created by a load test that i ran in soapUI and converted to loadUI. So my question woul be is the automatic creation incorrect?
    SmartBear_Suppo
    5a1eek wrote:
    Thanks for that, however these components weren't created by me they were automatically created by a load test that i ran in soapUI and converted to loadUI. So my question woul be is the automatic creation incorrect?

Wow. I just tried this myself and your're right. This bug has been added to the current soapUI sprint, so it will probably be fixed in the coming days.

Thanks a lot and sorry for the trouble it caused! For now, I recommend you to create the load tests manually in loadUI. Let me know if you need any help.

/Henrik
    eviware.com
    5a1eek
    Occasional Contributor
    Thanks Henrik, you're a star. Seeing as you offered can i ask you to look at the following topic i posted yesterday :

Can I Add Multiple Values (Part TWO)...
    SmartBear_Suppo
    5a1eek wrote:
    Thanks Henrik, you're a star. Seeing as you offered can i ask you to look at the following topic i posted yesterday :

Can I Add Multiple Values (Part TWO)...

Sure, I've answered that one now

/Henrik
    eviware
    SmartBear_Suppo
    Hello,

The setup generated by soapUI for a Simple Strategy LoadTest should be fixed in the upcoming nightly build!

Regards,
    Dain
    eviware.com