Forum Discussion

15 years ago

Duplicate Testcases

Has anyone experienced SOAPUI duplicating test cases within a composite project?
Also, after the test case has been deleted and the SOAPUI project saved and exited, it will re-appear when the project is loaded again.

Duane Robinson

8 Replies

• We do have a large number of test cases and have not experienced any duplication.

As we are moving to a new Version Control I have experienced deleted/renamed test-suites/cases/steps re-appearing but it was due to being marked read only, or deleted by soapui only to be re-created by our new version control...
    skillsoft
    Frequent Contributor
    I have this issue as well.  It seemed to have gotten worse with the released 3.5 version.  I've had almost all of my testcase duplicated within a given suite.  I've been updating existing tescases recently and have renamed a few, but that's not typically the case with these testcases. 

It seems that SoapUI's interpretation of spaces in a testcase name is inconsistent. 

File system shows:

Valid-set-and-get-values-null---all-values%2C-lock-and-inherit-mixture.xml
    Valid-set-and-get-values-null--all-values-lock-and-inherit-mixture.xml

SoapUI shows same testcase twice:

Valid set and get values null - all values, lock and inherit mixture
    Valid set and get values null - all values, lock and inherit mixture

If spaces in testcases is problematic, maybe the should be disallowed?  Is there a workaround for this?  Due to this and another issue I'm having with 3.5, I'm thinking I should go back to 3.0.1 for the time being as I'm losing a bit of time over these issues.

Thanks,

Mary
    SmartBear_Suppo
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hi Mary,

thanks for the clarifications, we'll dig into it and get back to you.

regards!

/Ole
    eviware.com
    SmartBear_Suppo
    Hello,

Ah, this could be issue with old naming rules. If they are left in project directory they will be ignored when deleting, updating etc...Also, if file's are write protected this could cause a problem but that you should be able to see an error in a log.
    You could use "Save Project As..." to save it on different place and get rid of garbage you have or remove wrong files in file system manually(just delete them).  So, make a backup( just in case ), remove duplicate test cases and do save as...

If you still have problems, let me know, so we can fix them asap.
    robert
    skillsoft
    Frequent Contributor
    I'll give it a try. It will be a bit of a pain as we use SVN for source control, but doable.  What do you mean by the old naming rules?  Did something change from 3.0.1 to 3.5 in that respect?  I have a lot more testcases to bring over...

Thanks,

Mary
    SmartBear_Suppo
    Hello,

Well, a problem was that since everything is allowed in test case name, special chars was a problem for different OS filenames, which we encode now.

robert
      sharmameera
      Contributor

Hello,

I don't have special characters in my Project or Test case names.

I am still getting the full test suite duplicated when I Refresh.

One time the who project vanished from the work space after I right-clicked and selected Refresh.

I had to import the project again and, of course all the changes made by me are gone.

Please let me know if a feasible work around exists.

I am  using Ready API 1.3.1.

Build Date: 20150605-1328
      a2f2659f82b3614dc8cd882757ce1675f8bfa2b2