Forum Discussion

GuillermoD
Occasional Contributor
11 years ago

DataSource Loops on LoadUI

Hi, I have a SoapUI runner on my LoadUI Pro. This SoapUI runner has a db of 30,000 records that can be inserted only ones (its the business logic).

Via SoapUI I execute it and it runs one by one. I need it via LoadUI to runn it 5 by 5 or 10 by 10 ,, or any to see the WebService capacity with out repeating each record.

Based on:

http://www.loadui.org/Load-Testing-soap ... opics.html

I understand I need to disable the SoapUI project loop under the LoadUI. But now who makes the loop? the Generator? how do I know the Generator is not repeating any record on the database?

Is my scenario possible?

the idea is to loop ones but with simultaneous virtual users.

I am running it just like that but not getting good results.

you help is appreciate it.

4 Replies

• Hi!
    gdewey wrote:
    Based on:

http://www.loadui.org/Load-Testing-soap ... opics.html

I understand I need to disable the SoapUI project loop under the LoadUI. But now who makes the loop? the Generator? how do I know the Generator is not repeating any record on the database?

Actually, in the most recent versions of LoadUI, DataSource Loop TestSteps are disabled automatically (I just updated the documentation). LoadUI also sets all DataSources to shared, so it will always fetch a new entry.

gdewey wrote:

Is my scenario possible?

the idea is to loop once but with simultaneous virtual users.

I am running it just like that but not getting good results.

This is possible. In the settings dialog of a Fixed Rate Generator, you can set Burst Size to 5 -- this will generate 5 Virtual Users at once.

Please let me know if it works out!

Regards

Henrik O
    LoadUI team
    GuillermoD
    Occasional Contributor
    ok so LoadUI will do the loop over the db recodset from what I understand. But then what is the difference between the "Burst Size" and the main Generator setting "Rate". So I should set rate = 1 and burst size = 5. this will make 5 virtual users and never repeat the record sets? I need to run over the 30,000 records with out having any repeated by the loop but its not clear how the LoadUI loops over since it just marks x user/sec.. will it just loop over the record set and finish? the soapUI is way more clear on that part. it just ends when all records are finish and has a step marked for it

tks
  • Yes, you understood it correctly.

The generator will generate 5 virtual users in a burst each second and consequently those users will enter the SoapUI Runner at the same time. The DataSource will operate just like any shared DataSource in SoapUI: It will not repeat the same rows. Thus, each virtual user will get its own row from the DataSource.

Regards

Henrik O