Forum Discussion

Nellimite
Occasional Contributor
10 years ago

converted composite project isnt loading

Hi

I have SopaUi pro 5.1.2 and its licenced. 

I have  converted my old projects to composite projects

trying to opening these projects doesnt work, either i get a Projcet with a red x.

I hve collegues that are using the compoite projects. if i try to open these nothing happens. 

I get this in the error log when i try to open the composite projects that i have converted.

Fri Mar 13 12:19:03 CET 2015:ERROR:com.eviware.soapui.support.SoapUIException: Failed to load project from file - i am only selecting the folder of the composite project as stated in other threads

I have donwloaded the Ready! API 1.2.2 but that isnt solving the problem. (Ie trying to do the same thing in SoapUi NG and i get the same result but nothing is displayed in the error log. 

Also - the Soapui NG pro in ready API! is really slow and I want to use the "normal" soapui pro... 

[file:/C:/folders/]
com.eviware.soapui.support.SoapUIException: Failed to load project from file [file:/folders/]
at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.WsdlProjectPro.loadProject(SourceFile:321)
at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.WsdlProject.<init>(WsdlProject.java:220)
at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.WsdlProjectPro.<init>(SourceFile:181)
at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.WsdlProjectProFactory.createNew(SourceFile:45)
at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.WsdlProjectProFactory.createNew(SourceFile:16)
at com.eviware.soapui.impl.WorkspaceImpl.reloadProject(WorkspaceImpl.java:490)
at com.eviware.soapui.impl.WorkspaceImpl.openProject(WorkspaceImpl.java:592)
at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.actions.project.OpenProjectAction.perform(OpenProjectAction.java:39)
at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.actions.project.OpenProjectAction.perform(OpenProjectAction.java:30)
at com.eviware.soapui.support.action.swing.SwingActionDelegate.actionPerformed(SwingActionDelegate.java:89)
at com.eviware.soapui.support.action.swing.DefaultActionList.performDefaultAction(DefaultActionList.java:97)
at com.eviware.soapui.ui.Navigator$TreeMouseListener$1.run(Navigator.java:368)
at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.access$200(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.security.ProtectionDomain$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.eviware.soapui.impl.support.loadsave.CompositeProjectSaver.a(SourceFile:782)
at com.eviware.soapui.impl.support.loadsave.CompositeProjectSaver.b(SourceFile:745)
at com.eviware.soapui.impl.support.loadsave.CompositeProjectSaver.b(SourceFile:728)
at com.eviware.soapui.impl.support.loadsave.CompositeProjectSaver.load(SourceFile:674)
at com.eviware.soapui.impl.support.wsdl.UrlWsdlLoaderPro.handleFile(SourceFile:27)
at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.support.wsdl.UrlWsdlLoader.load(UrlWsdlLoader.java:116)
at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.support.wsdl.UrlWsdlLoader.load(UrlWsdlLoader.java:96)
at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.WsdlProjectPro.loadProject(SourceFile:192)

12 Replies

TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi Nellimite,

The project format was changed in SoapUI 5.1. Thus, old composite projects aren’t opened in the new product version. You can do the following:

1. Install SoapUI earlier than 5.1
    2. Open your composite project in this SoapUI version
    3. Save it as a usual project
    4. Open this project in SoapUI 5.1
    5. Make you project composite in SoapUI 5.1

Does it work?

Nellimite
      Occasional Contributor

No it doesnt. 

I have saved a copy if the origina project, not a composite project.

I open the project and choose save as (save a copy of the non composite project in a different folder)
      I change this project to composite - true (Project property - composite project - drop down - true)

Then I right click choose save project as and then choose a newly, empty, folder that the composite project can be saved in. 

SoapUI Pro 5.1.2 converts the project to composite project, creates folder sturcture etc. 

The converted project can be opened by other members in my team but when i try to open this i get a grayed out project with a red cross 

I also cannot open any other project that is a composit project with my soapUi Pro 5.1.2 (i have also tried to un install and reinstall the project, with the same result) 

TanyaYatskovska

Hi,

Did I get it right that the same project is successfully launched on different computers?

In this case, let’s try the following on your computer:

1. Remove all projects from the Ready! API Workspace or rename/more the following file:

C:\Users\<UserName>\default-soapui-workspace.xml

1. Try to open the project one more time.
        2. When opening, make sure that you are specifying the folder where the composite project is stored, not the project files.

If this doesn’t help, I would appreciate it if you record a video demonstrating the steps you performed. To record a video, you can use Jing - a free screen capture tool ( http://www.jingproject.com ).

Nellimite
    Occasional Contributor

also, if i install the 5.1.2 version again the same problem appears, for both versions of the composite project, the ones created by my team members and the ones the 5.1.0 version created. (saved in separate folders)

the 5.1.0 creates a [x]_new project folder and this folder gets all the sub folders and files appended with d6168a44-f7bc-4491-b2d4-2c7fd9aac996.xml (unique for each folder)

Nellimite
    Occasional Contributor

Same behaviour appears if i create a new project in 5.1.2 and saves this as a composite project, the default is composite = false 

5.1.0 regards this as a old version. 

Nellimite
    Occasional Contributor

Also, if converted using 5.1.1 - containing the same odd filename xxx-service-a37c1cf6-1c91-40d4-af03-5e43a58cfc77 and then simply removing the appended part -a37c1cf6-1c91-40d4-af03-5e43a58cfc77 the soapui program reports 

and recreates the strange folder naming convention in a _new folder. saying its in a old format, the exact same project with the exact same soapui pro. 

TanyaYatskovska

Hi,

I don’t quite understand what steps you perform. Could you please describe them as minutely as possible (or record a video)?

I want to clarify one thing - once you convert a project to composite in v. 5.1.2, you will be unable to open it in v. 5.1. That's why it's expected that you cannot open the converted project in v. 5.1.

Nellimite
        Occasional Contributor

desperately trying everything ... thats why i have tried opening using older versions

The main problem is - 

I converted using 5.1.2

Then i restart SoapUI and i cant open the converted project in 5.1.2

I get the nullpointer.

start soapui 5.1.2

open the project to convert

set the project property Composite project to true

save the project by rightclicking the project and choose save as:

create a new folder using "make new folder"

select that folder and choose open

project appears to be saved as composite project

(it has a little C in the icon)

i can run testcases

files and folders are creates properly in the folder selected

nothing is appended to the file names / folders as it was in earlier version 

close down soapui pro 5.1.2

restart 

and the project is broken

s.png