Forum Discussion

Andrew_Hore
Occasional Contributor
17 years ago

Changing the endpoint

This may be possible and I just can't find it, but.....

I've created a Project that has 4 TestSuites and about a total of 150 TestCases within those (each has 3 Steps, on average). So, a alot of test cases. I loaded by original WSDL from localhost.

What I want to do is be able to update the endpoint for all the testing to an explicit machine name, rather than localhost. I found a way to go to the Interface and add an endpoint, but the only way to use it is to go to EACH TestCase and click the URL button and pick the new endpoint. That's a LOT of work:)

Is there an easy way to do this? The WSDL has not changed, so thee is no need for refactoring, etc., although I did try to use "Update Definition", and that did not work either The flags implied it might, but alas, no...

Can't believe this is not a common thing to want to do!

Thanks,
Andy.

2 Replies

omatzura
    Super Contributor
    Hi Andy,

Maybe you could use the "Assign" button in the Service Endpoints tab to assign the new endpoint to those requests with the old one?

Also, you could consider creating a project-level property containing the hostname and then using that property in your endpoint, ie create a property named "hostname" and use it in the endpoint with ${#Project#hostname}/path/to/webservice. In that way you can just change the property value to change hosts..

Hope this helps!

regards,

/Ole
    eviware.com
    Andrew_Hore
    Occasional Contributor
    Hi Ole,

As you replied I was doing the same stating I'd found the Assign button:) The property approach may well be the best way for me to go though - I'll give that a try as well.

Thanks,
    Andy.