Forum Discussion

psy
Occasional Contributor
9 years ago
Solved

Any short term plan for soapui.org homepage update to offer ReadyAPI documentation?

In past the SoapUI home page was more or less usable to get started. But now with ReadyAPI tool box it is not possible anymore with given examples.

As a paid user of SoapUI pro, now called SoapUI NG pro, I not only expect to get a working tool box, but a reasonable documentation, too.

Is there any plan to offer an updated home page documentation?

• Hi psy,

As far as I know our PO thinks about updated the Ready! API start page. I’ll let him know your concerns.

Meanwhile, have you already found the http://readyapi.smartbear.com/ web site? It contains a lot of technical Ready! API articles.

7 Replies

nmrao
    Champion Level 3
    Will let the Smartbear team look into this regard. Meah while is there any specific issue you are stuck with?
      psy
      Occasional Contributor

It is a general issue. After working with old SoapUI GUI, it is a big change and thus not easy to find the stuff on its known places.

For the location of my Mock service I took 45 minutes to recognize the new place, another 10 minutes to "see" the big "Script" button in the middle for my groovy script.

Comming from SoapUI as our tool, we waste our time to realize the new locations, places of configuration, etc...

A general GUI point of view with comparison of SoapUI and ReadyAPI is highly advisable.

At least as short term, the getting started chapters should point to ReadyAPI.

TanyaYatskovska
        SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi psy,

As far as I know our PO thinks about updated the Ready! API start page. I’ll let him know your concerns.

Meanwhile, have you already found the http://readyapi.smartbear.com/ web site? It contains a lot of technical Ready! API articles.