Forum Discussion

NSeibert
Contributor
14 years ago

Agent running Fixed LOAD - Does not induce a load

Good Morning -

Running a simple load test (see 1.png) this is being run from an agent. It executes but has some abnormalities
1. The Fixed Load - Load value never increments, all though the 'current running' from the soapui runner does seem to keep track of the load.
2. The load seems to die down after reaching its load threshold, not much exertion of my web server takes place.

If I take an identical test (Run Locally) the results are very different.
1. The Fixed Load -(see 2.png) Load value does increment, constantly adjust in conjunction with the soapui runner to keep track of the load.
2. The load is consistent, never seems to let up (is good!) and my web server is running higher cycles.

What could cause such a difference in execution, between locally run and agent run tests?
Thank you in advance or any help \ advice.

3 Replies

SmartBear_Suppo
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hello,

First of all, we don't really recommend using the Fixed Load paradigm if you doesn't have a good reason to do so (read more here).

With that being said, the Fixed Load Generator should of course function properly.

Anyway, I was unable to reproduce this. Which loadUI version are you using? Does other Generators work in the same setup?

Regards

Henrik
    eviware.com
  • Thank you Henrik -
    I understand the reasoning behind NOT using the Fixed Load, I am actually trying to find the breaking point of my service \ application. The fixed load is the more aggressive (AKAIK) generator..correct?
    Using the other generators I do not get the same stark difference in load generation. I just ran a quick test with 'fixed rate' and 'fixed rate' seems to work consistently on both local and distributed modes. Unlike the fixed load generator

The version I am using is

LoadUI Version 1.0.2 SNAPSHOT Build Version loadUI - 2011 - 05 -10

Thank you for your advice \ help. I am looking to
    SmartBear_Suppo
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    NSeibert wrote:
    The version I am using is

LoadUI Version 1.0.2 SNAPSHOT Build Version loadUI - 2011 - 05 -10

Ok, I cannot reproduce this error on 1.5.0 SNAPSHOT. Is it possible for you to try out this build instead (latest Nightly Build). We probably won't fix things in 1.0.2 since the nightly builds are now based on 1.5.0.

Regards

Henrik
    eviware.com