Forum Discussion

melblackrose
New Contributor
9 months ago
Solved

Multiple rows in a Test Case import always results in individual test case creation

Per the Help in QA Complete, I made sure the file structure for the csv import of the test cases was correct.  Title, location etc all matched.  The only differences were the Steps Sequence and the test steps/expectation.  Each time I import it in, the individual rows create separate test cases.   I found a post with the same issue but there was no resolution posted. 

Attached is the sample file I am using to make sure I have the layout correct.  I need to migrate tests into QA Complete from another system (some 300 tests).

Titles are the same per test so I am at my wits end as to what it could be. 

• We actually just figured it out.  There was an ADMIN setting that prevented the import using the individual rows.  My file was correct, it was a setting. 

2 Replies

• Hi. I seem to have encountered a similar problem. Could you please describe in more detail how you solved this problem? Was it a ban at the jiri level or at the level of integration with Zephyr?

• We actually just figured it out.  There was an ADMIN setting that prevented the import using the individual rows.  My file was correct, it was a setting.