Forum Discussion

tariqueamu
Occasional Visitor
9 years ago

Importing of test cases to QA Complete from Excel

Hi,

I am using trial version of QA Complete to check if it can be implemented in my team or not. Actually our requirement is to upload test cases from Excel and execute them and defect logging is done in bugzilla so just want to sync for this.

Currently i have tried to import cases from excel completed but not able to see those imported cases in QA complete. Then i have to execute it in the tool with screenshots need to be attached for every step.

Please help in briefing these things.

Regards

Tarique

2 Replies

• tariqueamu wrote:

Hi,

I am using trial version of QA Complete to check if it can be implemented in my team or not. Actually our requirement is to upload test cases from Excel and execute them and defect logging is done in bugzilla so just want to sync for this.

Currently i have tried to import cases from excel completed but not able to see those imported cases in QA complete. Then i have to execute it in the tool with screenshots need to be attached for every step.

Please help in briefing these things.

Regards

Tarique

Hello Tarique,

Have you had a chance to check out our online user guide, which goes over the Profile 2 import process for Tests? Please take a look here: Profile 2 Import for Tests

There is a certain format you must use in order for the import to successful. Please see this example import csv (attached). As far as importing pictures to each step, unfortantely you will need to manually do that, as our importer does not have this capability.

If you run into any further issues with the import process, please don't hesitate opening a case with us here: http://support.smartbear.com/message/?prod=ALMComplete

Thank you,

William

McFoesch
      Occasional Contributor

Where is the Search Button located?  I have looked under all 10 of out tabs in QA complete and am not finding a Search button?  Could someone please advise where this search button is located?  Please see additional details below.

I have imported some records using the instructions at http://www.softwareplanner.com/UsersGuide_SP/default.htm#UsersGuide_SP/Importing and Exporting Data.htm?Highlight=import   I performed from the Setup Tab, Import, Import Wizard as advised in the instructions. QA Complete generated a success message on the screen as well as an email (see thread below) stating 19 records were successfully updated and assigned an Import ID = 5198348 but then when I try to locate the Test Cases that I imported it says I should be able to “allows you to query your information for that Batch number (using the Search button)”  as found in the following instructions  https://app2.qacomplete.smartbear.com/Common/ImportInstructionsEdge.htm

From: Support@PragmaticSW.com [mailto:Support@PragmaticSW.com] Sent: Thursday, February 18, 2016 4:40 PM To: Foesch, MXXXSubject: Import Confirmation

You have successfully imported 19 records into QAComplete with no errors. You can view your imported records by filtering on Import Id = 5198348.