Forum Discussion

10 years ago

Defect: Defalut value when adding a Note

When adding a note in the defect module, you have to choose a Tag every time to get Timestamp and name.

Hi, 

* Go to Defect module

* Open a defect

* Go down to the bottom of the defect, there will be a area called "Latest Note"

* Push the link "Add new note"

* Choose "Tag" then "Date+My name"

The problem is, that I have to choose a tag every time I create a note. I want the tag to be default.

Br. Anders

1 Reply

• When adding a note in the defect module, you have to choose a Tag every time to get Timestamp and name.

Hi, 

* Go to Defect module

* Open a defect

* Go down to the bottom of the defect, there will be a area called "Latest Note"

* Push the link "Add new note"

* Choose "Tag" then "Date+My name"

The problem is, that I have to choose a tag every time I create a note. I want the tag to be default.

Br. Anders

Hello Anders,

I took a look at the behavior you experienced in the latest QAC release and a couple of versions back, and the behavior is the same. Since there is no default value for that field (and currently no way to set a default) you will have to choose an option each time. Also, If you create a note without putting in that tag, and you navigate to the History Tab within the record you will see who created the note, the date/time added, and the note.

Thank you!

William