Forum Discussion

SagarShroff
Occasional Contributor
9 years ago

Rule for automatically setting constant value across all my request paths

Hi,

In my case the /Request/Path/0 value changes in every release. I need help in seting up a user defined rule that will help me setting a constant value in Headers--> Request/Path/0

6 Replies

SagarShroff
    Occasional Contributor

If someone from smartbear community give a quick solution it will be really appreciated.

SagarShroff wrote:

Hi,

In my case the /Request/Path/0 value changes in every release. I need help in seting up a user defined rule that will help me setting a constant value in Headers--> Request/Path/0

RyanHeidorn
      Staff

Hi SagarShroff,

Is the URL string for your requests a dynamic value that changes from run to run, or is it a constant value that changes with each software release? Is it every request in your scenario, or only a few?

Variables that you create in LoadComplete can be easily inserted in the /Request/Path/ field. The process is the same as with any parameterized value, so you can use the Parameterization Wizard or you can manually create and use the variable where appropriate.

If the value is a constant and does not contain any special characters, my suggestion is to create a constant variable and manually insert the variable directly into the request header, as seen below:

Please let me know if this helps.

SagarShroff
        Occasional Contributor

The value changes from release to release and there are many requests so its not feasible to use variables. The faster way would be to re-record which i want to ignore if Smartbear provides some rules to automatically update the value.

So as per your above example the value 'LoadComplete' needs to be set via some rule if possible ?