Forum Discussion

baxsc01
New Contributor
10 years ago

Recorder not recording - no data received and err_empty_response

I am trying out loadcomplete and cannot get recording to work.  I ensure that the proxy port matches the traffic port, the proxy is active, and I make sure the URL works.  When loadcomplete opens the browser to the URL it hangs and I end up getting a message about no data received with the details err_empty_response.  I'm out of options.  The browser used is Chrome, but it fails the same way with Firefox.  I terminate recording, shut down the proxy, and the URL responds immediately.

I'm testing a broad swathe of similar (more or less) products among them Loadrunner, JMeter, loadcomplete, and Neoload among others.  If I can't get past the recording glitch loadcomplete is done.  Although I should rejoice that I can lighten my review load, I find a lot that is attractive in LoadComplete, but the recording capability will quickly be a showstopper if I cannot get past this quickly.

8 Replies

• Hi baxsc01,

What version of LoadComplete are you using? Does the site you're testing use SSL?

baxsc01
      New Contributor

I downloaded version 3.1 per the link provided and read the proxy reference.  Attempt to record SSL session (port 8181) failed with "no data received" error as before.  The proxy port was left at default 8888.  Using the same URL in Chrome (browser used in all tests) without LoadComplete recording is successful, but with a twist:  I get an alert that the SSL session is not believed to be valid due to an untrusted certificate.  I am allowed to proceed and the application functions properly.  The application will also respond on port 8080 and I used the amended URL successfully.  LoadComplete will aptly record a session on port 8080 but it appears that when I try to record a SSL session a certificate trust issue is not reported or passed through the proxy, but instead it hangs until timeout then you get the no data received / empty response error.  I shall diagnose the certificate error and try again, but this particular circumstance is peculiar in that it masks what is displayed without LoadComplete proxy being active and gives an error w/o recording whereas the same URL w/o LoadComplete active throws an alert screen and permits continuing with the session once the risk is confirmed.  This is progress, but I'm not yet out of the woods.  I'll see how this behaves in the corporate lab tomorrow.

RyanHeidorn
        Staff

I have entered a support ticket on your behalf and will follow up via email.

leoli
    New Contributor

Is there any answer for this message? I have the same error when I use my certifcate to access my local server through LoadComplete.

AlexKaras
      Champion Level 3

Hi,

What version of LoadComplete are you using?

In case you are using v.3.x can you check if the problem persists with the just released v.4.0?

leoli
        New Contributor

I am using v4. I guess I setup two-way ssl for my application, which is not recognized by LoadComplete. I will change to one-way ssl to see.

Thanks,

Leo