Forum Discussion

saranbose
Occasional Contributor
11 years ago

[LoadUIWeb] Unable to record any HTTP Traffic

I am new to LoadUIWeb and downloaded tool. Everything(Recording and running) worked fine yesterday.

When I try to record script today, it doesn't capture any HTTP Traffic. I tried all the hints\ideas given in the below links and nothing works

http://loaduiweb.org/docs/more/messages/no-http-traffic-has-been-recorded.html

Inconsistent recording capability is an issue for us.

Can you help me to resolve this http traffic capture problem for me? This will help us to go ahead to use the tool or stay away continue the tool.

6 Replies

• I completely believe you that you are using IE9, but can you post a screenshot of your "About Internet Explorer" dialog just to be sure? The difference between one day and the next sounds exactly like an automatic Windows update.

If it's not that, it might be that your proxy or VPN settings in IE Internet Options, or your proxy settings in LoadUIWeb.

Have you tried with Firefox or Google Chrome, just to isolate the problem to see if it's an IE-only thing? Also, when you browse to the target site, are there any issues with security certificates (if it is using an HTTPS/SSL connection)?
    saranbose
    Occasional Contributor
    Automatic update for IE is enabled and my current IE version is IE11. I attached screenshots here for you. same issue still happens for IE11.

When I try recording on Chrome, It records HTTP traffics. But we are interested with IE since that's the requirement for testing.
  • The short answer is that IE11 broke a number of dependencies, so we currently only support IE10 and earlier. We entirely plan on supporting IE11 later this year, but for now you can use the following work-around:

The new AppContainer/EPM features of IE11 mean that by default, no network interactions originating from the browser can interact with the local network stack. There is an option that exempts certain traffic types, but not at all useful for LoadUIWeb.

As it turns out though, you can use something like Charles Proxy or Fiddler to capture IE11 traffic in a way that LoadUIWeb can pick up on. Much like this article about using a proxy to capture mobile traffic, the same principal applies for IE11.

The new AppContainer/EPM features of IE11 mean that by default, no network interactions originating from the browser can interact with the local network stack. There is an option that exempts certain traffic types, but not at all useful for LUIW.

We fully intend on supporting this new networking model, but for obvious reasons it is built to make it harder to intercept inter-process networking, which is one of the primary mechanisms that load testing tools rely on to record web traffic.

saranbose
    Occasional Contributor
    Downgraded by IE11 to IE9 and recording works now. but i received 401-Unauthorized error while recording and recieve 400-Bad Request while replay\simulation.

But i already setup domain, userid and password details under Authentication information table at Load Testing tab

Can you give idea to resolve this?