Forum Discussion

twhitehouse1
New Contributor
8 years ago
Solved

How to verify an image was successfully uploaded?

I was able to see an image I uploaded using a script from Load Complete by signing in afterwards to view the image on the tested web site.  How can I confirm this in Load Complete without using "200 ...
    AlexKaras
    8 years ago

Hi,

> However, I have seen "200 OK" responses and the image not successfully be uploaded.

In this case I would suggest to talk to developers and ask them how image upload is implemented.

For example, I can imagine the case when, for the sake of performance and UI responsiveness, some 'main' upload request just informs the server that upload is going to start (and provides the server with some metadata). Server processes this request and responds with 200 code. Then the actual upload starts asynchronously. If this actual upload is done via http then you should be able to find it in the recorded traffic (for example, try to upload a reasonably big file and then look for the request with a body part of a large size). But it is also possible that the actual upload is done via some other protocol and thus is not recorded by LoadComplete. (Though in this case you should *never* see uploaded image because it will never be uploaded during the load playback.)