Forum Discussion

stroev
Occasional Contributor
9 years ago
Solved

Calling variable, which reads e-mail addresses from CSV file replaces @ symbol with %40

Hi all,

I have recorded a scenario in which I enter an e-mail address in an input field and after that send an e-mail to the entered value.

I have created a variable which reads information from a .CSV file, which contains e-mail addresses.

So when I run a scenario, in which I have replaced the input value with the valiable I get the following information for the simulation:

The '@' symbol is changed to '%40'.

Could someone advise me how to escape the replacement/transformation?

Kind regards,

Stoyan.

• Hello Stoyan,

Can you confirm how you insert the variable into the request? Do you call the variable directly within the request body, or do you use a Data Replacer?

If you are calling the variable directly, then it will be automatically URL-encoded (see this article for more information).

The recommended practice in this case is to create a Data Replacer for that request, which will allow you to specify that the variable will not be converted/encoded.

Hope this helps!

2 Replies

• Hello Stoyan,

Can you confirm how you insert the variable into the request? Do you call the variable directly within the request body, or do you use a Data Replacer?

If you are calling the variable directly, then it will be automatically URL-encoded (see this article for more information).

The recommended practice in this case is to create a Data Replacer for that request, which will allow you to specify that the variable will not be converted/encoded.

Hope this helps!

stroev
      Occasional Contributor

Hello Ryan,

Thank you very much for your reply and for the article.

Yes, I call the variable directly in the request body.

Usung data replacer should work.

Kind regards,

Stoyan