Forum Discussion

Manjula
New Contributor
8 years ago

Reduce or change font size of description

Hi Members!

I am a newbie to Collaborator and have a question. 

Is there some way to change the size or use html in the description field of custom attributes?

I am defining some attributes and would like to provide some hint on how to fill that attribute. But the description text appears as big as the custom field itself. That doesn't look very nice on the custom form. Sometimes, it would be great to provide URLs as well. 

Any tips on this is highly appreciated

Thanks a lot! 

MK

2 Replies

johnmcdraper
    Occasional Contributor

I'm not sure I understand your question.  Maybe a screen shot would help.

Are you speaking of the screen where you create the custom field, or seeing the field in the Web GUI?

Below is a screenshot of a custom field, the user text entry, and the 'instructions' on the bottom.   I don't see an issue here.  (Although having it at the bottom of the text box, it gets lost and almost runs into the custom field below it...)

- J

Manjula
      New Contributor

Hi John, 

Thanks for your reply. Yes, that was indeed what I meant- and the possibility of it getting lost. Especially in case the template contains several fields with single line text input. 

I tried to put some HTML code in the description (like set the font size a point smaller, or change the colour of the description text), but that doesn't seem to work. 

URLs work well though :) 

johnmcdraper wrote:

I'm not sure I understand your question.  Maybe a screen shot would help.

Are you speaking of the screen where you create the custom field, or seeing the field in the Web GUI?

Below is a screenshot of a custom field, the user text entry, and the 'instructions' on the bottom.   I don't see an issue here.  (Although having it at the bottom of the text box, it gets lost and almost runs into the custom field below it...)

- J