Forum Discussion

CoJeff
New Contributor
9 years ago

LDAP Authentication setup issues

I seem to be having some trouble getting LDAP authentication to work. I've used the same setting I've used for other applications/scripts. I keep getting a "Invalid password" error message. On the dialog it says "System Adminstrator" does this mean the sys admin for the network? I use one of my service accounts for these types of settings. Could the "User Pattern" be wrong?

If I use a different 'user pattern' then I get a different error message:

Authentication failed: {user name} failed to authenticate with [LDAP: error code 49 - 80090308: LdapErr: DSID-0C0903C5, comment AcceptSecurityContext error, data 57,v2580]

4 Replies

CoJeff
    New Contributor

So I was able to get it configured to ldap. The question I now have is the admin id & pw. I'm not going to be using Collaborator only doing administration on it for the group of developers I work with. I would like to use the Admin account to do this without consuming a floating license. Is there a way to figure it to use the internal user id & pw for Admin instead of checking LDAP?

In case some other people come across this post, I was able to solve it with the help of this document:

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSYMRC_4.0.0/com.ibm.jazz.install.doc/topics/t_manually_config_tomcat_ldap.html

Then I used setting from one of our other applications that is connected to LDAP.

MJackson
      Staff

Sorry we didn't catch this earlier.  For what it's worth, the account defined as the admin in ROOT.xml never consumes a license (we don't want licensing issues to ever interfere with getting in to manage things; by the same token that's why admin by default doesn't have the ability to create new reviews).

CoJeff
        New Contributor

I am having trouble logging in under the 'Admin' account. I do have it configured for LDAP and I'm able to login with no trouble using my network credentials. I didn't see the 'Admin' account defined in the root.xml file. I did have some trouble with using MySQL at some point and had to go back to the embedded database.