Forum Discussion

brunzefb
Occasional Contributor
10 years ago

How to ignore upload for binary file extensions

Hi,

We use SVN.  Want to configure things so that even though a changeset has a binary (e.g. DLL file), that binary does not get uploaded.  I have configured the binary file types on the server.  Does this mean that it now magically works - ie no binaries are uploaded?  Using Collaborator 8.5.  Preliminary tests indicate that it does NOT work like this.

Also found the setting smartbear.ccollab.upload.ignore.binary.file, apparently a CLIENT setting.  Could I get an example command line?

Best,

Friedrich

4 Replies

brunzefb
    Occasional Contributor
    From SmartBear support

If you want to exclude binary files from uploading into Collaborator, we did add a vm options to achieve that.

You will need to apply the following steps:

1- Navigate on your machine to Collaborator client directory.

2- Create a text file with the name ccollab and the extension vmoptions (ccollab.vmoptions)

3- Add the following setting:

-Dsmartbear.ccollab.upload.ignore.binary.file=true

A boolean setting (values: true/false) to indicate whether or not certain binary files (specified by the Binary File Types setting) are ignored when uploading changelists

4- make sure to leave an empty line at the end of the file then save the file.

That way if your user is trying to upload a changelist with a binary file included using the commandline, Collaborator will exclude the binary files from uploading.
      asasak
      New Contributor

I'm curious as to whether the file is still listed as an added/changed file in the review. Ultimately, I'd like the review to show the binary files as changed/added/removed without actually uploading the binary file to the server.

brunzefb
    Occasional Contributor
    Smartbear:   Do you monitor this forum at all?  Do you not have an answer to this question?   This will just lead to a support request to have the question answered.  And then I will know, but the rest of the community will not...
    brunzefb
    Occasional Contributor
    OK, if you use TortoiseSVN to create your reviews, you need to create the file

ccollabgui.vmoptions,TSVN internally uses the ccollabgui.  A file with that name and contents: -Dsmartbear.ccollab.upload.ignore.binary.file=true

in the c:\program files\collaborator client will work.