Forum Discussion

Sukhpreet_Kaur9
Occasional Visitor
2 months ago

BitBar API Integration

Hi there!

I am trying to run my tests using API request in postman and sending test run configuration through JOSN file for server side execution of tests. Somehow, it is triggering two test runs in BitBar cloud instead of one, it also starts client side execution of the same tests. I tried providing no device in the source code of framework but it throws session could not be created exception and device must be defined in capabilities. I have the device ID defined in JSON request I am sending to bitbar cloud , why do I need to specify it again in the source code? Another issue that I am facing is, videoRecordingEnabled property is set to true in the JSON request, but still it doesn't record anything for server-side test run. Please help asap as I am stuck at this since two weeks now!

1 Reply

Humashankar
    Champion Level 2

Hi Sukhpreet_Kaur9 

The API request appears to be causing duplicate test runs due to overlapping configurations.

To resolve this, please ensure that the test is only triggered via the API and review your BitBar project setup to remove any additional triggers.

Additionally, consider including a default device in your framework's capabilities, which should be overridden by the JSON request. If you're experiencing issues with device specification, check your JSON request for correct formatting and refer to BitBar's documentation for guidance on server-side.

Hope this helps - Happy to help further!!
    Thank you very much and have a great one!
    Warm regards