Forum Discussion

forum
New Contributor
12 years ago

What about AQTime integration in Delphi XE4?

Embarcadero Delphi XE4 was released few months ago, but only AQTime Standard from http://cc.embarcadero.com/item/29373 can be integrated into it. I have AQTime 8 Pro and whant to integrate it to my XE4, but there is no option to do this. Is there any way to integrate Pro version in IDE?

9 Replies

TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi Alexey,

Currently, AQtime doesn't support integration into Embarcadero Delphi XE4. This feature is going to be implemented in the next AQtime update.

However, at the moment, I cannot give you more precise time estimates when it will be available.

forum
    New Contributor
    Hi Tanya, 

is this new version planned to be free for current AQTime 8 Pro owners, or I have to buy AQTime Pro again just to get integration to XE4 feature?
    AlexKaras
    Champion Level 3
    Hi Alexey,

The regular policy of SmartBear is that you are entitled for the new versions for free if you have a valid maintenance subscription. You can check the state of your subscription at https://my.smartbear.com/.

(And it is also quite common for the company to include a significant product improvements into not only major product version upgrades, but also into the minor ones.)
    Anonymous
    All:

Integration with XE4 and XE5 (to be released) will be available in AQtime 8.1 due at the end of September.

To clarify: you still can profile XE4 applications with AQtime 8.0 Pro standalone, but the IDE integration is not yet available.

All customers on maintenance as always are entitled to free version upgrades.
    forum
    New Contributor
    Hi,

Are there any news about AQTime 8.1 release date?
    AlexKaras
    Champion Level 3
    Hi,

Yes, there are some of us :)

I believe that update will be released pretty soon but I am also sure that Support prefers not to tell any definite dates to be on the safe side if they need more time to provide us with the new features/corrected problems that won't cause regression problems.

It is my (educated) guess, that this is exact reason why update was not released two-three weeks ago.

(Personally I prefer this approach - I'd better wait a bit more but be confident that I will not have to rollback to the previous version.)
    TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi Alexeis,

As far as I know, the team is going to release it very very soon.