Forum Discussion

leavingentropia
New Contributor
14 years ago

Threading bug

Hi,

I wasn't sure where to put this but I found a reproducable bug. When you change the name of the current thread it seems to halt the execution of the profile.

Sample Code:

using System;

using System.Collections.Generic;

using System.Linq;

using System.Text;

using System.Threading;

namespace TestABug

{

class Program

{

static void Main(string[] args)

{

Thread.CurrentThread.Name = "Different";

Console.WriteLine("This should write!");

}

}

}

It never makes it to the Console.WriteLine method, it just hangs and does nothing.

Hope this helps,

Sean

HKosova
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hi Sean,

I don't see this behavior in AQtime Pro 7.30 x64 (the latest version) on Windows Vista using the Performance profiler. Perhaps, it's caused by specific operating system, compiler or profiler settings that you are using, but the details in your post are not enough to know this for sure.

I'd recommend that you go through the AQtime Troubleshooter for some advice solving the problem. Even if the troubleshooter doesn't help figure out the problem, it'll help you collect more background info and submit a support ticket for further technical assistance.
  • Hi Helen,

I realised that I didn't really send enough information to be really useful, but you did run it on the same environment as me. I can get the behavior with all sorts of settings. I'll try the troubleshooter, thanks for your help.

Sean