Forum Discussion

dunkers
Occasional Contributor
12 years ago

Missing unit

I am using the performance profiler on an application generated by C++Builder from RAD Studio 2010. When I add the .exe to the AQTime project all the units are shown except for one. This one, called protocol.cpp defining a class TUploadProtocol in case names might be important, has similar attributes to other units that do appear (so it's not something like the class being instantiated at runtime, or not having a form, etc). As far as I can tell, RAD Studio includes debug info for it (that is, when it is run I can place breakpoints (that work!) on lines in the unit), but AQTime acts as if it doesn't exist.

Is this a known problem? If not, is there some way I can figure out whether it is AQTime or RAD Studio (or something else) at fault?

OS is W7x64, AQTime is 7.40.

6 Replies

• Hi,

Protocol.h is a C++Builder standard unit name, so it is filtered if the "Exclude Standard Source Files" button is pressed. Releasing it should show the unit.
    AlexKaras
    Champion Level 3
    Hi,

The latest version of AQtime is 7.50.1289. Did you consider upgrade (which is free) and try with this latest version?
    dunkers
    Occasional Contributor
    Ah, I didn't realise 7.50 was out. However, I have now upgraded, and it made no difference.
    dunkers
    Occasional Contributor
    Ummm... so back to my original question: is there a way in which I can determine where the problem resides? I guess checking to see if the function name, etc, appears in the debug info in the exe might do it? If so, given that all I have at the moment is RAD Studio and AQTime, how would I check this?
    dunkers
    Occasional Contributor
    It seems the problem is that the unit name isn't the same as the class name. That is, the class is:

class TUploadProtocol : public TObject {

};

And that resides in "protocol.h". AQTime can't see the file or class. However, if I change the file to "uploadprotocol.h" then AQTime now sees the file and class.

I think this is a bug, possibly due to AQTime's Delphi heritage. C++ doesn't care about the module name, and neither should AQTime.

Is this likely to get fixed?