How to get Allocation Profiler to work with Delphi 7 application built with runtime packages. (BPL)
We recently purchased a copy of AQTime pro (version 8.80.3749.7) for using on an old legacy D7 project and for the life of me I cannot seem to get the allocation profiler to work with applications built with runtime packages option. Initially we thought this might be something to do with our delphi project itself but I went and created a very simple test project with a small class contained in a bpl in order to see if I could get this working. This is a very basic test app written for the sole purpose of trying to get AQtime to respond. we do not have any custom memory managers and Delphi 7 is updated to build 8.1 and I have also attached the test project for you in case it helps.
All the debug options are set for both the main application and the bpl. and both are added to the AQtime project along with rtl70.bpl and vcl70.bpl but nothing ever shows up in the results windows after running a test. if we disable build with runtime packages it seems to work fine (as everything is contained in the exe itselff, however this is not an option for the actual main project as this consists of a few hundred bpl's).
for what its worth the other profilers seem to work for the most part and I found a similar post here describing exactly the same issue all be it for c++ builder.: https://community.smartbear.com/t5/AQtime/Allocation-Profiler-with-bpl-files/m-p/46760 but none of the suggestions work for me either and the thread seems incomplete.
Am I missing something or does AQtime 8 actually fully support Delphi 7