Forum Discussion

RamyaV
Occasional Contributor
8 months ago

Integration of Selenium Python framework to Zephyr

We are using Pytest framework to execute our selenium python tests. I want to know is it possible to run these selenium tests from Zephyr and report the test execution status in zephyr dashboard and link the same to jira ticket for traceablity

4 Replies

Conradb
    Occasional Contributor

I think you will find that the answer, as always Ramya, is a solid Yes. We can do anything, what is missing is the waymarkers that will get you there, the "directions" so to speak. Did you find any such waymarkers that helped you?

RamyaV
    Occasional Contributor

I still did not get a solid solution. I am looking into different options which will work best with our existing framework. 

As you said going directly with API looks like better approach, but I dont see any working example available for reference. I have seen few questions related to this approach in the community and came to conclusion that can try this approach.

RamyaV
    Occasional Contributor

Thank you for responding. 

How about using xml reports generated by pytest executions and integrating them using zephyr API. I have found this suggestion from few people in the community. Will this work and what do you think is the best way to achieve the above?

Conradb
      Occasional Contributor

That sounds like a simple solution, but hides a lot of the detail. Because when you run the tests in your CI/CD you then have to still create and then assign the xml to a new test iteration, and you will want to use the API to create an iteration with metadata that describes the date or branch tests ran on for example. I'm keen to bypass fiddling with xml files and just use the API.

It's 4 weeks ago, that you asked for help, what route are you following? I only just got the license and imported 150 tests last week, so I'm still looking for less fiddly and more robust ways than manually uploading xml. I'm hopeing to save myself time by importing the zephyr lib and pushing live test results in as each test case completes.