Forum Discussion

Lasertop
Occasional Contributor
12 months ago

Is there a report that will tell me what Requirements in Jira do not have a Test case assigned?

I have recently joined a software team that has just started using Zephyr and has about 500 requirements already in JIRA, my job has been to write test cases for those Requirements.  I see there are a few reports that will show you the requirements that have test cases attached to them, but what I need is a report that shows me which requirements don't so that I don't miss any.  Does such a report exist?

6 Replies

MisterB
    Champion Level 3

Hi,

I need a little more information to see if I can help:

- Are you using the Server or Cloud version of Zephyr Scale?

- Can you give me an example of a report that returns Requirements that have Test Cases?  I'm curious if this is a Jira report or a Zephyr Scale report.  If it's a ZS report, I'm using Cloud which does not have all reports that are available in Server.

Thanks

Lasertop
    Occasional Contributor

It is the cloud version of Zephyr Scale.  The reports that probably come the closest are the Coverage report under Traceability.  But it will only show the requirements that currently have Test Cases written for, it will not show you which requirements don't yet have a test case written.  As far as a I know there are no Jira reports that will show you which requirements don't have Test Case links.

MisterB
    Champion Level 3

Thanks for the info.  I just wanted to be sure I understood the request.  Unfortunately it's a problem: we can report coverage from Zephyr to Jira, matching existing test cases to an issue but we can't report in the opposite direction which would need access to the Traceability section.  That's not currently possible - not even using JQL.  This info is from memory of trying in the past to do something similar like this, but I'll have another think on it.

MisterB
    Champion Level 3

Update: there seems to be a beta report that might work for what you need.  I did a very brief test on the report below after clicking on the beta link.  It might do what you need but it's been a long day and I'm not able at this time to spend any more time on it.  Hope it helps!

Lasertop
      Occasional Contributor

Thank you, I don't have access to the beta reports but hopefully that would work.  I'm kind of shocked that they don't have a report that lets you how to find unlinked requirements, after all the main purpose for Zephyr is the creation of test cases and most software companies want their Requirements to always have at least one test case written against them so a report that ferrets out requirements that don't yet have test cases would seem to me to be a no brainer.

CKinKC
    Occasional Visitor

This is a frustrating lack in Zephyr Scale Cloud for the exact reason Lasertop mentioned.  It only shows coverage that exists on existing test cases.  This does nothing to improve test coverage.  I want to see what work does not yet have test coverage. 

It seems like rudimentary functionality for a test case management tool.  And apparently it is, since Zephyr Scale server supports jql.  Now that we've all been forced to JIRA cloud, can you please, please support jql in Zephyr Scale cloud soon?