Forum Discussion

ginah
New Contributor
2 years ago

Can I email a test case to people for review?

I need to email some test cases that have not been executed to a dev for review.

Is there a way to do that without exporting the test case first?  Send a link or a pdf?

Thanks.

4 Replies

MisterB
    Champion Level 3

Assuming they have access to Jira and Zephyr Scale, etc., then you could send a link to the test case.  They would then need to navigate to between the tabs to review the entire test case.  You could alternatively send a report link (Test execution results detailed) and refer to the specific test case(s) using the Custom Query filter where you'd enter the test case key(s).  That report will produce an overall view of the summary and test script tabs and the URL can be sent to your dev for review.

Here's an example of how to configure the report:

ginah
      New Contributor

Thank you, Sending a link to the test would work. I don't know if this company has Jira plus Zephyr Scale. We just use Zephyr Scale. The 2nd option wouldn't work until after I've executed the test and I'm looking for feedback prior to the execution of the test. 

Thank you for your response. I'll check to see if the 1st option will work here. 

MisterB
    Champion Level 3

Thanks Ginah.  If they have Zephyr Scale they will have Jira also - Scale is a plug-in to Jira.

Just in case there's a misunderstanding about option 2.  Test execution reports return all test cases regardless of whether they've been executed (tests that haven't been executed have an execution status of "Not Executed").

I hope that helps 🙂

ginah
      New Contributor

Oh, thank you, I didn't realize that. I'm kinda of new to it.