Forum Discussion

rliu
Occasional Contributor
9 years ago

petstore.swagger.io API failed for some operations

We encounter the following error when access swagger API. It mainly for operations under 'Pet" tag, for example POST /pet

After request, we got 500 error with following response.

"code": 500,
"type": "unknown",
"message": "something bad happened"

This happens to some other operations under 'Pet' tag. Can you please help to solve the issue?

• The petstore got very sad recently and has been replaced.  Please retry when you can, it is behaving as expected now.

• The pet store is intended as a demo and isn't very stable as such (we'll improve it in the future). If you ever get a 500 in response, it should be fixed automatically within a few hours as the demo resets.

19 Replies

• The petstore got very sad recently and has been replaced.  Please retry when you can, it is behaving as expected now.

rliu
      Occasional Contributor

Thanks.

But now same issue comes again. Will this petstore APIs be replaced by others? And will this issue happen in the future?

RonRatovsky

Fixed again now. Since this is a public app that any user can play with, things may end up breaking and we cannot guarantee it won't happen again in the future.

rliu
      Occasional Contributor

Hi 

The petstore operations under Pet and User tags are all return 500. 

Could you please help to fix the issues?

Thank you so much.

NoahLucas
    New Contributor

I've been using the Swagger Petstore API for a while, and I've recently encountered a similar issue with operations under the 'Pet' tag, specifically with POST /pet. When I send a request, I receive a 500 error with the following response:

"code": 500,
    "type": "unknown",
    "message": "something bad happened"

This error also occurs with some other operations under the 'Pet' tag. If anyone has encountered this issue and found a solution, I'd appreciate any advice or insights.

For those interested in learning more about pets and pet care, Information on various pet breeds, including miniature cows, which are gaining popularity among pet enthusiasts. Your contributions to resolving this API issue would be greatly valued!