Forum Discussion

Shari_B_
Occasional Contributor
14 years ago

Session Timeout

Minor issue:  I got a timeout screen that says:

Your session has timed out

Your session has timed out due to being idle for while, you will now be directed back to the logon page. Thank you.

Except that I was never redirected to the logon page.  The url is https://app2.softwareplanner.com/Common/logon.asp?WCI=tplError.  I'm running QAComplete trial software in Firefox 4.0 on Ubuntu Linux.

Is this the expected behavior?  Thanks.

3 Replies

• Hi Shari,

No, that's not the expected behavior. You should be re-directed to the log in page. It usually behaves just fine but I know we've done some minor tweaking, and we release 9.6 over the weekend, so I'd hope for some improvement for you.

Thanks!
    Shari_B_
    Occasional Contributor
    Hi, Barbara,

I reproduced the problem again.  While logged in to QAComplete in a tab, all I did was close my Firefox browser.  When I restarted Firefox (4.0) and restarted my previous session, the QAComplete tab reappeared with the Session Timeout error.  It cycled through "Waiting for app2.softwareplanner.com" and "Reading app2.softwareplanner.com" (which was hard to follow because the URLs were only displayed for a split second in the status bar).

I hit <CTRL>-U to display the page source.  I've attached that to this post just in case that might help.

Shari
    Shari_B_
    Occasional Contributor
    Follow-up:   I left Software Planning logged in overnight.  This morning, when I went to edit something, the Session Timed Out page appeared, and seconds later, I was redirect to the login page.  So whatever went wrong prior to this, it's working now.  Thanks!

Shari