Forum Discussion

nickw
New Contributor
11 years ago

ALM Timeout

I'm generally going alright with ALM, but my session seems to time out all the time. I get a message that says "The page at https://app2.softwareplanner.com says you are not currently connected and will be returned to the login page". This happens after as little as a few seconds of inactivity. I'm assured by my boss that we don't have anything set up in the administration side of ALM to enforce such a quick inactivity timeout, so I wonder if it might be a network error (all other Internet access is OK though).

Any ideas?

TIA

Nick

5 Replies

nickw
    New Contributor
    Thanks Will. As it turns out, I have a workaround. Don't ask me why, but I don't get that problem in Internet Explorer... it only seems to affect Chrome. 
  • Hi Nick,

If you are still experiencing this issue, we would love to help. Please submit a ticket using the Help Center link in ALMComplete.

Thanks,

-Will
  • Thanks Will. As it turns out, I have a workaround. Don't ask me why, but I don't get that problem in Internet Explorer... it only seems to affect Chrome. 

No problem Nick. If you could, at your convenience, please still open a ticket with us, we like to track behavior such as timeouts, performance issues, etc.

I'm glad ALM is working better with IE. :)

Thanks,

Will

nickw
    New Contributor
    Thanks Will, I'll do that because it turns out that IE has a different problem! With IE, ALM complains about the length of the text in an agile task being over the limit (15K or so) when there's only a couple of lines of text. So, I can't log anything with IE, and I can't stay logged-in long enough to do very much in Chrome!

• Hello Nick,

Please know that the recommended browsers are Firefox , There have been some issues reported with IE 10, newer versions of Firefox 23, and chrome are still not fully supported by SmartBear along with other Web Application vendors. We are working on adding better support for Firefox 23 and IE 10 for future versions. I use Firefox 22 all day long which is trouble free for the most part.
    Please know that the recommended browsers are Firefox , There have been some issues reported with IE 10, newer versions of Firefox 23, and chrome are still not fully supported by SmartBear along with other Web Application vendors. We are working on adding better support for Firefox 23 and IE 10 for future versions. I use Firefox 22 all day long which is trouble free for the most part.

Also, May you please try checking firewall settings and clearing out your cache, and cookies. This sometime does the job as well.

Thanks,

Ben J-L