Forum Discussion

charles_villemu
New Contributor
12 years ago

[LoadUIWeb] WebLoadUI not handling all cookies (HTTPS)

The recording works fine, but when we try to validate the test, some cookies are not handled correctly.  The server sends a SetCookie, but the cookie is not kept.

See linked screnshot :

http://picpaste.com/NoCookie-O51YV29h.png

We try both cookies options and none did work for us.  It's the only show stopper for using the tool :(

Something weird is that the JSESSIONID cookie for cas-server was handled correctly, but the other cookie for our nodeJS application did not get managed on playback

Can anybody help?
    henry
    Occasional Contributor
    OK, apparently my issue has nothing to do with lost cookies other than if the requests are submitted in the wrong order.

My solution to the wrong ordering of requests was to uncheck the "Parallel request simulation" and re-record everything.

ben_oshman
    Occasional Contributor
    It turns out that the IBM Websphere portal has a javascript that creates a cookie on the client to put in the timezone offset. Since WebLoadUI doesn't run the javascript, how do we get around this? BTW, we MUST use real-time cookies due to dynamic JSESSIONID and authentication token. I've looked into using a variable, but the documentation is clear that you can't use variables with cookies and at any rate we would want to concatenate a variable to the real-time cookie, which also won't work.

We are working on a temporary kluge, but there should be some way to have WebLoadUI work with cookies created by javascript code, since this is data that will be used by the server.
    bromeijn001
    Occasional Contributor
    I, we, have the simular issue with cookie handling in webloaduiPro. We can not simulate unique users. We have tried everything that is mentioned in the manual, but that does not work.

We want to record a test where 100 unique users login to a system, create (screen by screen) a proposal and at the end store is in a shoppingcar and check out, pay and download the created proposal.

No matter what we do, the tool can not handle unique users because of the way cookies are handled, or rather not being handled.