Forum Discussion

lphilippe_macau
Contributor
11 years ago

[LoadUIWeb] Simulate File Transfer

Hi, 

I have a problem with WebLoadUI Pro. I'm trying to load test a website, but in the normal workflow a file has to be uplaoded. But when I go to playback a recording the file transfer itself doesn't seem to be happening. 

Is this normal? I need this to be simulated during these tests to see if bandwith is impacted with multiple users. Is there a way to simulate this? 

I tried with Jmeter and this seems to work fine. Would this be a limitation of LoadUIWeb Pro? 

Thanks, 

Louis-Philippe

3 Replies

• It works for me with LoadUIWeb 2.90. Are we talking about a standard HTML <input type="file"... element within a <form enctype="multipart/form-data"...? Or is it some custom client/server upload component? Also, what size file are you posting?

The confirmation of this functionality is from my IIS log file, where 5890141 is the number of posted/received bytes on the server-side...

2014-01-17 20:17:48 127.0.0.1 POST /SampleApp/Samples/FileUpload - 80 - 127.0.0.1 Mozilla/5.0+(Windows+NT+6.1;+WOW64;+rv:25.0)+Gecko/20100101+Firefox/25.0 200 0 0 3493 5890141 3719

• Hi SmartBear Team,

I am also having a problem with uploading a file in my load testing. We are running LoadUIWeb Pro v2.95 on Window 8 and recorded browser is IE10. The file is uploaded during the Verify Scenario. But when I ran with 50VU, the document is not uploaded to any of the 50VU. It is a PDF of 572kb and every VU is uploading the same document from the same location C: drive. I saw in your reply you are asking some technical question, so I have attached the screen shot of the Scenario. Hope this help.
  • Sorry, the Verify Scenario does not upload the document. The document is uploaded during Recording Scenario. Here is the Text format:

-----------------------------7de1cc33202fa

Content-Disposition: form-data; name="__VIEWSTATE"

@__VIEWSTATE_78

Content-Disposition: form-data; name="__EVENTVALIDATION"

@__EVENTVALIDATION_78

Content-Disposition: form-data; name="thisAttachment"; filename="C:\Load Testing\eR21\Test Data\Resume Zamsarul Haque.pdf"

Content-Type: application/pdf

-----------------------------7de1cc33202fa--