Forum Discussion

Kumar0413
New Contributor
12 years ago

Issues while replaying Load complete scenario with new Variables from Spread sheet

Hi SmartBear,

Downloaded and recorded on the latest version of LoadComplete 2.60 (10/3/2012)

Recorded a scenario on newer version of Load Complete 2.60, difficulty in replaying the scenario using different varaiables in excel Spread sheet while specifing the path of the paramter file in "Set Parameter Values" table, Does not show the File path as specified,

The path specified was C:\NewAssessment_NoPort.xlsx, sheet name “ HICN_New Assessment”

But it appears “..\..\ NewAssessment_NoPort.xlsx”  Hence a pop up errors "Loadcomplete is unable to find Data Source(parameter file to fetch the variables" [PFA]

For more details please find the screen shot in document attached, Please advise or let me know if any patch available.This is a show stopper for my testing efforts.

Early response is Appreciated.

4 Replies

AlexeyKryuchkov
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hello,

For those who are facing the same problem, I'm sharing one of my replies from the support case Rakesh created regarding this issue:

Please check whether getting rid of spaces in column names in your Excel file works around the problem. If it doesn't, please send me the Excel file.
    Kumar0413
    New Contributor
    Hello Mike,

Thanks for your response.

I have removed all the extras spaces in the worksheet but see the same issue persists

Please find the attached Excel spreadsheet.

Thanks,

Rakesh
    Kumar0413
    New Contributor

Hello Mike/ SmartBear Support Team,

Please can anyone provide an update on the above mentioned issue or expected resolution date. The above mentioned issue has stopped my performance activities on all projects and effecting by project deliverable dates because my scripts in volves varaible data to be feed in.  

I have also raised a ticket in SmartBear Support “M0105066”. Early response is very much appreciated.

Thanks,

Rakesh

AlexeyKryuchkov
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hi Rakesh,

I failed to reproduce the problem using your spreadsheet using LoadComplete 2.60.1812. Thus, I need more information about your environment:

1. Let me know the exact version of LoadComplete on which the problem can be reproduced.

2. Do you have any patches applied to your installation of LoadComplete? If you do, point them out.

3. Do you get exactly the same error message as those you mentioned in the opening post? If you don't, please let me know the text of the current error message.