failing cucumber test: not detecting flash message
I have a surprisingly simple cucumber scenario for a rails 4 app that isn't passing. I am checking that a flash message got set, and this test fails when I run cucumber. However, it is all correct, set, appearing, etc. when I run it live. I could really use some insight about what might be happening.
What I found out is that I have to check the flash message first because it is ephemeral. I was checking which page I was on first. I re-ran the test with put page.body and saw that when I swapped the order of the tests, I could see the flash message.
Thank you for your help.