Forum Discussion

jbartosch
New Contributor
10 years ago

Migrating from Windows to Linux server

We are using CodeReviewer (but this question my be good for other products), and when I initially installed the server, I did so on my Windows development machine with the self-contained database option.

Now, a few months and many reviews later, we know we want to keep the tool, but it living on my dev machine is not a permanent option, so we want to install it on a virtual server like all of our other tools.

So, is there a way to export ALL of our review data and settins from the self-contained Windows install, and import them into a Linux install using MySQL?

If not, can I move from self-contained Windows to self-contained Linux?  I can find a way to create a database dump/backup, but I don't see how to restore that backup or import data.

Also, if we want to move to CodeReviewer Pro or Collaborator, will we be able to do this type of migration again and keep all of our data?

Thanks!

3 Replies

• Creating an export of everything and moving it to a different system is supported.  However, CodeReviewer only supports the embedded HSQLv2 DB.  If you want to move to a different DB and have additional functionality, you’ll need to upgrade to Collaborator.

Details about moving from one system to another can be found here: http://support.smartbear.com/viewarticle/66364/

jbartosch
      New Contributor

I could have sworn I read that Code Reviewer supported MySQL and the internall database.

So, I started to do the migration, but I get to the point where I restart the server and it try to import the backed up database, but I already have an existing internall database on my new install so the import fails.  How do I clear that database?  I tried deleing all the DB files, but that didn't work because "there was no database", and when I tried to log in to the empty server it wanted to "initialize" the database, so I did that.  Then I couldn't import because... you guessed it.  The database was not empty.

Thanks.

itnasasta
    Occasional Visitor
    Now, a few months and many reviews later, we know we want to keep the tool, but it living on my dev machine is not a permanent option, so we want to install it on a virtual server like all of our other tools. So, is there a way to export ALL of our review data and settins from the self-contained Windows install, and import them into a Linux install using MySQL??