Forum Discussion

deepashikha
Occasional Contributor
2 years ago

Alert site download project

Hi , I have a monitor for one of the services.When I download just the service it is different and when I download the project which has the service it is different.Why does this happen.I expect both the projects to be same .

1 Reply

Maximilian
    New Contributor

When you observe differences between a service downloaded individually and the same service downloaded about us as part of a larger project, several factors could cause this discrepancy. Here are some potential reasons:

1. Dependency Versions

• Individual vs. Project-Level Dependencies: When you download the service individually, it may pull in different versions of dependencies compared to when it’s part of a larger project. The larger project might have specific versions of dependencies locked or may override some dependencies with different versions.
    • Transitive Dependencies: If the service relies on transitive dependencies (dependencies of dependencies), these could differ based on the dependency resolution strategy when the service is part of a larger project.

2. Configuration Files

• Environment-Specific Configurations: The service might have configuration files (e.g., config.json, appsettings.json, yaml, .env, etc.) that are different when it is part of the project. The project might apply specific configurations or overrides that change how the service behaves or what dependencies it uses.
    • Build/Compilation Configurations: There might be differences in build scripts, such as Makefile, Gradle, Maven, or Webpack, that modify how the service is built or bundled in the larger project compared to when it’s built independently.