Forum Discussion

vanka
New Contributor
14 years ago

Runtime Error R6034

Hi all!

I am trying to run my project with profiling but I get Runtime Error R6034 on start:

"An applicatiom has made an attempt to load the C runtime library incorrectly. Please contact the application's support team for more information."

I think the problem is with Devil.dll

Is there any solution to start profiling of my project?

Can I exclude this dll from profiling?

5 Replies

AlexKaras
    Champion Level 3
    Hi Ivan,

> Can I exclude this dll from profiling?

Yes, you can either not include it in the AQtime project or add it to the excluding area (see Areas help topic for more details).

Also you can try to go through AQtime Troubleshooter (http://smartbear.com/support/troubleshooter/?prod=AQtime) to try to resolve the problem or provide Support with more information as for the problem.
    vanka
    New Contributor
    Tried your advises, but failed to launch the project with AQtime.

Could you configure my project so that it runs with AQtime?

If you delete line #34 of Main.pas (InitOpenIL;) then project runs, but if you restore it - Runtime Error R6034.

The archive with project in attach.

I am a novice in AQtime, so sorry for doing smth wrong.
    aqAnt
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hello Ivan,

Most probably, the problematic situation is caused by DevIL 1.7.8's modules. You should be able to profile the modules (debug versions) if they are compiled correctly. So, I suggest that you recomplile the library from its sources by using one of supported compilers. You may find this blog entry quite useful.

We have also noticed that profiling works with DevIL 1.7.5, so you can use this previous version as a possible workaround.

BTW, please make sure that you are using the latest version of AQtime.
    vanka
    New Contributor
    Thanks, I'll try 1.7.5

But the application (with 1.7.8) works correctly without profiler, so why can't AQtime load it?

And is it possible to exclude this dll from profiling (because it's not so convinient to change dll just for profiling)?
    aqAnt
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hello Ivan,

As far as I can see, DevIL 1.7.8's modules were packed with UPX and, obviously, DevIL 1.7.5's modules were not, so decompressing DevIL 1.7.8's modules with upx.exe solves the problem.

Please note that AQtime cannot profile modules with changed binary code. See the Unsupported Code article for details.